Dear Friends of Resh Mill Preserve. It is with great disappointment that we report the results of the recent CZMP rezoning for Baltimore County. Our County Councilman, Wade Kach, led the Baltimore County Council vote to change the zoning of half our property, thus making it impossible to go forward as a conservation burial site. He voted this way despite recommendations otherwise by the County Planning Staff and the Planning Board, as well as several community and conservation groups. He voted this way despite having sponsored the original bill to create the use in the first place. A small opposition group formed last year very effectively used lies, exaggerations and fear mongering to garner support. After numerous hearings and meetings it became clear that our straight forward, honest approach would not be sufficient to counter their misinformation and unscientific claims. We appreciate all of the friends who wrote in and testified on behalf of this project. We will continue to look for ways to move forward.
- Follow Resh Mill Preserve on WordPress.com
- New Oregon Green Burial Site Planned
- Get Inspired! Guest speaker, Amy Cunningham 1/30/21, 3:30pm, RSVP NOW
- People who love the land are getting interested in green burials – VTDigger
- Death, Natural Burial, Jewish Tradition: 11/18 7pm
- The Story of Death Is the Story of Women by Sarah Chavez — YES! Magazine