GAMBIER, Ohio — Ruth Woehr has lived among the rolling hills of Gambier near Kenyon College for years. The idea of having her final resting place in those same hills, in a natural setting, just makes sense to her. It’s what makes the Kokosing Nature Preserve, the college’s natural burial ground, so appealing to the retired college counselor. The land that was previously the Tomahawk Golf Course was purchased in 2013 by the Philander Chase Corporation, a nonprofit land trust associated with Kenyon College.
- Follow Resh Mill Preserve on WordPress.com
- New Oregon Green Burial Site Planned
- Get Inspired! Guest speaker, Amy Cunningham 1/30/21, 3:30pm, RSVP NOW
- People who love the land are getting interested in green burials – VTDigger
- Death, Natural Burial, Jewish Tradition: 11/18 7pm
- The Story of Death Is the Story of Women by Sarah Chavez — YES! Magazine